The ATN YES (Youth Employment Strategy) Program combines 5 weeks of in class pre- employment training with 10 weeks of employment placement for a total of 15 weeks. Class pre-employment training consists of 30 hours a week. Each work placement week consists of up to 25 hours per week and participants accepted into the program are paid minimum wage (for the time they attend in class or work at their placement).
To Qualify for the program participant must be:
- Between 15 and 30 inclusive
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment and/or have a disability
- Out of school
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or people who have refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial territorial legislation and regulation
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
For more information on this program please view our YES Program page.