Youth Employment Strategy (YES) Program has been developed to help youth facing barriers to employment get the skills and knowledge they need to find jobs.
This program is part of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy (YES). Since 2006, the Youth Employment Strategy has helped more than 555,000 young people develop skills, to the benefit of the Canadian economy.
The ATN YES (Youth Employment Strategy) Program combines 5 weeks of in class pre-employment training with 10 weeks of employment placement for a total of 15 weeks. Class pre-employment training consists of 30 hours a week. Each work placement week consists of up to 25 hours per week and participants accepted into the program are paid minimum wage (for the time they attend in class or work at their placement). Places for the program are determined by a selection process after all Intakes are done.
To Qualify for the program the participant must be:
- Between 15 and 30 inclusive
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment and/or have a disability
- Out of school
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or people who have refugee status
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial territorial legislation and regulation
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits
How to Register
An Intake session is required before we can establish registration.
To book an Intake session call Kathy at 519-433-7950 ext 618 (8:30am – 4:00pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Your Intake session will determine whether you qualify for the course. Please bring with you:
- A piece of identification with your current address
- Your resume
- Social Insurance Card
- Please do not wear any scent (cologne, perfume etc.)
At the end of the course students are still eligible to be ATN clients and have full access to ATN services.